Friday, February 1, 2013

100 Reasons to Love Urban Family Living: #1 The Science Center

Days like today remind me why I love city living.  When it's super cold out, instead of going to our visit the duck pond and playgrounds and fountain at our huge, just blocks away Patterson Park, places like the Maryland Science Center become our playground.  A trip to the Science Center is no big deal when you live downtown, so museum visits become the rule rather than the exception.
And on the way home, through the Harbor Tunnel and then via Keith Avenue to Clinton Street, we get to see the big boats and the sun setting behind Ft. McHenry!  What could be better for a 2 1/2 year old?

Disclaimer:  This post is neither intended to spark suburbs vs. city debate nor offend suburb dwellers.  Rather, it is my way of enjoying the moment and reminding myself of what makes my current situation so terrific!

No comments:

Post a Comment