Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Aquababy Bath Ring

I recently purchased the Aquababy Bath Ring and it has been a lifesaver!  I bathed Shelby in the infant bathtub until she was 2 years old, knees all bent up, but she didn't know any different and didn't mind it.  Initially, I borrowed a friend's Leachco bath ring and that worked okay for Matilda as an itty bitty baby so that I could bathe her in the big tub while Shelby was bathing.  But Matilda is wild in the tub!  I mean, by 2 months she was splashing and arching her back and flailing around -- too wild for the infant tub even!  So for a while I was doing altogether separate bath times.  This Aquababy bath ring has totally streamlined our nightly routine.  Now I can safely bathe both girls together.

The Aquababy can really only be used with babies who are very sturdy sitters, so not until about 7 months in my opinion.  Matilda was an early sitter, sitting independently at 4 months, but she was still too small for the Aquababy to catch her if she toppled and the Aquababy's edges are hard plastic so you wouldn't want a topple to happen in it.  But I think this will work for containing Matilda until she can safely play in the big bath tub without a constant hand on her.  Our bathtub is rather tall, too, so I can't reach the girls if I am kneeling on the floor; I have to sit on the edge of the tub with my feet in the water.  This little seat is totally saving my back because now I don't have to bend over to constantly have a hand on Matilda.

The best thing about this bath ring though is that it allows my girls to enjoy each other during bath time!  They can trade toys and splash and laugh at each other!  It has really transformed bath time into a bonding experience for the girls.  Shelby asks for baths throughout the day and Matilda gets all squirmy excited whenever she hears the word "bath."  This bath ring will probably be my go-to gift for second time moms!

2 comments:

  1. Okay do you still have the Leachco thing? Bob and I are doing separate baths at the same time right now: Gus on top of the sink in the gigantic baby tub and Bea in the bathtub. I would LOVE to bathe them together but can't figure out how!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, returned the Leachco thing already. It won't be too long until you can use the Aquababy!

    ReplyDelete