Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Potty Training Week 2

We are midway through week two of potty training, and things are getting easier! We have had two no-accidents at home days (accidents still happen out and about though)! We spent a day of going commando (her, not me) around the house and this seemed to help Shelby to become better at “catching” herself in an accident or telling me when she needs to pee. I still put her on the potty every time I need to go and then also try to get her on it every 45 minutes or so. Today we started wearing undies with no absorbency around the house and so far Shelby hasn't had any accidents! She still doesn't like pooping in the potty, so she is holding her poop until diaper time (at naps and bedtime) which is fine by me. Since she is still a very frequent pooper, I am glad she is learning to hold it and do it at specific times of the day. It is also getting easier to travel with a potty training toddler. I initially found all of the extra luggage (the travel potty, which I do find necessary since she is still pretty small; the change of clothes; the extra undies and extra diapers and wipes since I am never certain what I will need) to be overwhelming and had trouble adjusting to the extra time I need for any given errand (need potty time before leaving the house, immediately upon arrival, frequently while we are out, and again before we leave, in addition to the fact that she needs to be undressed and then clothed again from the bottom down every time she uses the potty).

I am really happy with the Gerber undies/Bummis Whisper Pants combo. I don't really care for the Kisaluvs because I find the side snaps to make it too similar to a diaper and too difficult to pull up and down like undies. But on the other hand, I like that I can stuff the Kisaluvs to make them more absorbent. I like the Blueberrys and am considering purchasing a couple more, but am not sure if I really need them in addition to the cheaper Gerber/Bummis combo. The other benefit of the Gerbers is that I can continue to use them when Shelby no longer needs the cover but isn't quite ready to wear undies with no absorbency.

No comments:

Post a Comment