Monday, February 20, 2012

Shelby's New Tude

Recently Shelby has learned some new words that have allowed her to develop a major 'tude: namely, “stop,” “stay,” and “away.” Today at lunch, I picked up a piece of Shelby's sandwich to offer it to her, and she said in an exasperated tone, “Mommy, mommy, mommy. Mommy, stop. Mommy, stop,” as she shoved my hand away. A couple of days ago, I told her it was bath time and as I walked toward the bathroom, she grabbed the back pockets of my jeans doing her best to pull me away from the bathroom, saying, “Daddy, daddy. Mommy, stay. Mommy, stay.” Daddy's baths are a lot more fun than mine and it got me out of bath time, so I didn't mind it in the least! When Dave is home, Shelby only wants her daddy to do the potty with her because he got in the bad habit of showing her an Elmo potty video whenever she pees. So if Dave is home and I even say “potty,” she will push me away and say, “Mommy, away. Daddy, Elmo goes pee-pee.”

No comments:

Post a Comment